Thursday 23 July 2020

Leadership in IT Development

Recently I had to design a half day PD session for my school. The age and size of people might be different but there are a lot of similarities and characteristics of professional practice that I believe we are naturally able to do as teachers. It is important to remember that we are not there to lecture, we are facilitators of knowledge. No one wants to go and listen to someone ramble on for 2 hours. Our role can be seen as an attentive listener and "co-learner". As a leader I know that I don't know it all and it is important for those around me to see that I to am vulnerable, looking for answers but not afraid to say so! My continued learning journey will be by learning from others around me, from my own teachers/principals/mentors and from my students and staff. I know that I am surrounded by really articulate and knowledgeable people at my school. I am excited to move forward as a tech leader within my school and work in partnership with this crew! Recently, I have been reading the works of Amy Edmondson and some excerpts from her book "The Fearless Organization". I think it is helpful to look at each of these zones when planning any leadership opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment